Acrobat (Or, Acrobat Reader) is returned to former size, and PDF file is displayed at the same time.
It is possible to use it by both Acrobat and Acrobat Reader.
|The full path of PDF file|
|true||The PDF document is opened successfully|
Notes: The return value cannot be acquired with DDE of VBA of Excel.
Sample: VBA of Excel
The PDF document is opened.
- Please confirm the test by the step execution with F8 key.
Dim lChanNo As Long ‘DDE channel number
Dim strFilePath As String ‘The full path of PDF file
‘A double quotation mark is added for blank starting full path.
strFilePath = “””E:\iac_developer_guide.pdf”””
‘The Acrobat Reader application is Started.
‘Attention: It is necessary to change passing by the environment.
Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe”
‘Open of DDE channel
lChanNo = DDEInitiate(“Acroview”, “Control”)
‘PDF is opened and displayed.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocOpen(“ & strFilePath & “)]”
‘The Acrobat applicaton is ended..
‘If this is not done, the Acrobat process remains.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[AppExit()]”
‘The DDE channel is shut.
- The Acrobat application minimized by the taskbar opens the PDF document, returns to former size, and displays the screen. Please note the thing that returns from the minimized state to former size.
- Success/failure cannot be judged by acquiring the return value of DDE Message in Excel VBA. Please test well.
Environment to confirm the operation
- WindowsXP + SP3 + WindowsUpdate
- Acrobat Reader 8.1 + Office Pro 2003
- Acrobat Reader 9.1.0 + Office Pro 2003