The page specified with the PDF document is deleted. The demand of deleting all pages with the document is disregarded because there should be at least page 1 in the PDF document.
It doesn’t operate in Acrobat Reader.
[DocDeletePages(char* fullPath, long fromPage, long toPage)]
|The full path of PDF document|
|The page number of the first page to be deleted.
It begins from 0.
|The page number of the last page to be deleted.
It begins from 0.
|true||The pages are deleted successfully.|
Sample: VBA of Excel
The PDF document from page 2 to page 4 is deleted.
- Please confirm the test by the step execution with F8 key.
Dim lChanNo As Long ‘DDE channel number
‘A double quotation mark is added for blank starting full path.
Const CON_PDF_PATH = “””E:\Test01.pdf”””
‘The Acrobatapplication is Started.
‘Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe”
‘Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe”
Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe”
‘Open of DDE channel
lChanNo = DDEInitiate(“Acroview”, “Control”)
‘Open of PDF file
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocOpen(” & CON_PDF_PATH & “)]”
‘The page is deleted (deletion of 2, 3, and page 4).
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocDeletePages(” & CON_PDF_PATH & “,1,3)]”
‘Saving of PDF file. Note) Optimization is not done.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocSave(” & CON_PDF_PATH & “)]”
‘The Acrobat applicaton is ended..
‘If this is not done, the Acrobat process remains.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[AppHide()]”
‘The DDE channel is shut.
It is a result of the comparison on page thumbnail screen of Acrobat.
Deletion of page (deletion of 2, 3, and page 4).
- The number of the second arguments begins from 0. The first page is specified by 0.
- If PDF file doesn’t open, False is returned by the return value. And, the method is disregarded.
- False is returned by the return value when demanding of deleting all pages. And, the method is disregarded.
- It doesn’t operate in Acrobat Reader.
Environment to confirm the operation
- WindowsXP + SP3 + WindowsUpdate
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0.8 + Office Pro 2003
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.1.4 + Office Pro 2003
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.0 + Office Pro 2003