Another PDF document is inserted after the page for which the PDF document is specified.
It doesn’t operate in Acrobat Reader.
[DocInsertPages(char* fullPath, long insertAfterPage, char* sourcePath)]
|The full path of updated PDF document.|
|It is page number of insertion (insertion) beginning PDF file specified by the first argument. Page 1 is assumed to be 0. It begins from 0.|
|It is a full path name of the insertion origin. This PDF file need not been opened.|
|true||The pages are inserted successfully.|
Notes: The return value cannot be acquired with DDE of VBA of Excel.
Sample: VBA of Excel
“E:\Test02.pdf” PDF document is added after page 24 of PDF document (Test01.pdf).
- Please confirm the test by the step execution with F8 key.
Β Β Β Dim lChanNo As LongΒ Β Β ‘DDE channel number
‘A double quotation mark is added for blank starting full path.
Const CON_PDF_PATH = “””E:\Test01.pdf”””
‘The Acrobatapplication is Started.
Β Β Β ‘Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0Β Β Β \Acrobat\Acrobat.exe”
Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe”
‘Open of DDE channel
lChanNo = DDEInitiate(“Acroview”, “Control”)
‘Open of PDF file
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocOpen(” & CON_PDF_PATH & “)]”
‘E:\Test02.pdf” PDF document is added after page 24 of PDF document (Test01.pdf).
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocInsertPages(” & _
CON_PDF_PATH & “,23,E:\Test02.pdf)]”
‘Saving of PDF file. Note) Optimization is not done.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocSave(” & CON_PDF_PATH & “)]”
‘The Acrobat applicaton is ended..
‘If this is not done, the Acrobat process remains.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[AppHide()]”
‘The DDE channel is shut.
- If page number that doesn’t exist in the second argument is specified, it becomes False.
- All pages of the PDF document specified by the third argument are inserted.
- False is returned by the return value when demanding of deleting all pages. And, the method is disregarded.
- It doesn’t operate in Acrobat Reader.
Environment to confirm the operation
- WindowsXP + SP3 + WindowsUpdate
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0.8 + Office 2003 Pro
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.1.4 + Office 2003 Pro