Another PDF document is inserted after the page for which the PDF document is specified.
It doesn’t operate in Acrobat Reader.
[DocInsertPages(char* fullPath, long insertAfterPage, char* sourcePath)]
|The full path of updated PDF document.|
|It is page number of insertion (insertion) beginning PDF file specified by the first argument. Page 1 is assumed to be 0. It begins from 0.|
|It is a full path name of the insertion origin. This PDF file need not been opened.|
|true||The pages are inserted successfully.|
Notes: The return value cannot be acquired with DDE of VBA of Excel.
Sample: VBA of Excel
“E:\Test02.pdf” PDF document is added after page 24 of PDF document (Test01.pdf).
- Please confirm the test by the step execution with F8 key.
Dim lChanNo As Long ‘DDE channel number
‘A double quotation mark is added for blank starting full path.
Const CON_PDF_PATH = “””E:\Test01.pdf”””
‘The Acrobatapplication is Started.
‘Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0 \Acrobat\Acrobat.exe”
Shell “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe”
‘Open of DDE channel
lChanNo = DDEInitiate(“Acroview”, “Control”)
‘Open of PDF file
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocOpen(” & CON_PDF_PATH & “)]”
‘E:\Test02.pdf” PDF document is added after page 24 of PDF document (Test01.pdf).
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocInsertPages(” & _
CON_PDF_PATH & “,23,E:\Test02.pdf)]”
‘Saving of PDF file. Note) Optimization is not done.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[DocSave(” & CON_PDF_PATH & “)]”
‘The Acrobat applicaton is ended..
‘If this is not done, the Acrobat process remains.
DDEExecute lChanNo, “[AppHide()]”
‘The DDE channel is shut.
- If page number that doesn’t exist in the second argument is specified, it becomes False.
- All pages of the PDF document specified by the third argument are inserted.
- False is returned by the return value when demanding of deleting all pages. And, the method is disregarded.
- It doesn’t operate in Acrobat Reader.
Environment to confirm the operation
- WindowsXP + SP3 + WindowsUpdate
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0.8 + Office 2003 Pro
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.1.4 + Office 2003 Pro